The Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs recently held a meeting for vision, mission, core values and goals for the MHAM COLLEGE INC. at the MHAM Board Room last July 5, 2018 from 10:00 in the morning to 12:00 noon.
Spearheaded by the newly-installed Vice President for Academics for the MHAM COLLEGE INC., Dr. Arlene Diaz, the special meeting was attended by the AVP for Administration, Mr. Francisco Bacalla; Community Extension Services Office (CESO) and Campus Safety and Security Director, Mr. Jarvis Prochina; Assistant Department Chairman of the Department of Environmental Science Major in Disaster Management in the College of Allied Courses, Mr. Huberto Zanoria; Research Director and Dean of Allied Courses, Dr. Jose Oclarit; Library Consultant, Dr. Virginia Mollaneda; Guidance Counselor and GAD Director, Mrs. Georadelia Lungay; Program Coordinator of the Department of Biology, Mrs. Patricia Mailed; Property Custodian, Engr. Felix Atillo Jr.; Associate Dean of the College of Medical Technology, Mr. Louie Tadlas; Documentation Officer and faculty of the College of Medical Technology, Mr. Joehn Kerwayne Villaluna; School Librarian, Mrs. Reya Marisse Abing; Information Communication Technology and Publications Staff, Ms. Ana Liza Abao; and Information Communication Technology System Administrator, Mr. Muriel Mercado.
According to Dr. Arlene Diaz who was officially installed during the 68th Investiture and Commencement Exercises last June 21, 2018, the new MHAM COLLEGE INC. will have its own juridical identity as the institution has applied new degrees to be offered under the Allied Courses, Medical Technology and School of Law. Thus, with the SEC approval to be released next week, the MHAM COLLEGE INC. will be pushed through but not under the Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine, Inc.
With the new direction, there will be a new vision, mission, core values and goals for the new College.
As a background, Mr. Bacalla pointed out that MHAM will be having two companies at present; one is the Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine, Inc. while the other will be the MHAM COLLEGE INC. with each VP for Academics as per CHED requirement.
Known with her brains and expertise in various fields, Dr. Mollaneda emphasized to the working team during the formulation of the vision that the personality and totality of a professional is reflected in every universally competent, morally upright and service oriented graduate.
Anchored with professionalism, respect, oneness, leadership, integrity, fairness and excellence to achieve its mission, the team came up with the following vision, mission, core values and goals for the MHAM COLLEGE INC. as stated below:
A leading institution of higher learning producing universally competitive, morally upright and service oriented professionals.
MHAM College is committed to create a proactive and excellent learning and teaching environment through its core values.
- Professionalism. We observe a polite behavior and courteousness; adhere to a high sense of ethical standards in the performance of our duties and responsibilities in the work place.
- Respect. We act with deep admiration, give due regards and high esteem to everyone.
- Oneness. We stand united in all our endeavors and uphold the good name, honor and integrity of the institution.
- Leadership. We act as role model, do things that will work best in the institution and provide policy directions that are relevant to the needs of the time in order to fulfill our ultimate goals.
- Integrity. We adhere to the highest ethical code of conduct in our dealings with others and exercise our duties and responsibilities with correlative obligation to preserve human dignity.
- Fairness. We are impartial, reasonable, transparent and free from discrimination in the performance of our duties and responsibilities.
- Excellence. We pursue the highest standard of quality service in all programs of engagements and undertakings for the attainment of the Vision and Mission of the institution.
- To provide quality instruction, research, community services and production of technologies.
- To develop and maintain programs for enhancing and sustaining College functions and student success.
- To provide quality and state of the art infrastructures.
- To promote respect for life and environmental care.
- To provide academic leadership in the fields of specialization that this institution pursues.
- To establish linkages and partnerships with various institutions.
Gearing to offer intended programs for the next academic year, the Allied Courses will open Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science Major in Disaster Management and Bachelor of Science in Biology with its incoming dean, Dr. Jose Oclarit.
With the future most promising, Atty. Mikhael Lee L. Maxino will become part of the MHAM community as he has been appointed as the incoming dean for the School of Law which will offer Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) and Juris Doctor (J.D.) programs with highly-qualified, exceptionally competent and brightest line-up of faculty. To complete, the College of Medical Technology will also commence with its incoming dean, Dr. Annette Salillas.
Realizing the founder’s dream to establish an institution of excellence where its strength lies in keeping the roster of traditionally passionate faculty members and personnel known to the public today as MHAM, the MHAM COLLEGE INC. will become a new endeavor and undying commitment upheld and advanced by Mrs. Elma Aznar Sierra. Aimed to produce a universally competent, morally upright and service oriented young professional with the MHAM way, the new College with its sustainable development programs shall create another history to behold. (Ana Liza Abao)